AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer/Project Manager in our Bend, Oregon office. You will work closely with our principals and multidisciplinary task leads on a mix of private site development and public works projects throughout Central Oregon. This opening is ideal for a registered professional who can take the lead on design of projects and can independently manage projects. AKS offers a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization that is poised for growth, then you’ll want to consider AKS. Come grow your professional career at AKS!
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 5 to 10 years of design experience with some project management responsibilities
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent (required)
- Oregon Civil Engineer’s license
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
- Effective written and oral communication skills including proposal and report writing
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, and establish priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable networking with clients and colleagues to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Possess solid time management, and follow-through skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The focus of this full-time position is to provide design engineering for residential, industrial, commercial, education, recreational, transportation and public works projects. Working with a Principal, the following tasks will be assigned:
- Lead and manage projects from early planning through design development and construction.
- Perform and coordinate AutoCAD drafting in support of civil engineering design process
- Prepare stormwater run-off calculations, designs, and reports
- Coordinate with in-house disciplines and outside subconsultants
- Develop plans, specifications, and reports and stamp final documents
- Provide thorough on-going QA/QC review of deliverables
- Perform site and infrastructure design per county/city standards and maintain good communication with the planning/engineering staff of the jurisdiction to minimize future changes and misunderstandings
- Conduct and coordinate periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and work progress
- Prepare and manage project correspondence and documentation
- Tabulate bid items and calculate construction bid quantities and prepare cost estimates from plans and specifications.
- Network with clients, agency personnel, and colleagues to build/maintain professional network
- Maintain relationships with clients to develop future opportunities