AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a construction manager/inspector for our Tualatin, Oregon office. The position can be full-time, part-time or a contract position. You will work closely with AKS project managers, project engineers, and project surveyors and coordinate with on-site contractor personnel. The focus of this position is to provide field inspection during construction activities to ensure infrastructure projects are being built according to plans and specifications.
If you are looking to continue your career while working with a well-respected and talented team of professionals, you’ll want to consider AKS.
- 3+ years of experience in the construction/engineering industry (required)
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information, orally and in writing, in a professional manner to contractors, fellow employees, outside consultants, governmental agency representatives, and City officials.
- AS in Surveying, OR Civil Engineering Technology, OR BS in Civil Engineering and/or Forest Engineering
- Considerable skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications, and contract documents
- Comprehensive knowledge of building construction, materials and methods for the geographic area.
- Considerable knowledge of public agency and ODOT standard material testing practices and construction standards including construction of sewer, water, stormwater, grading, and road improvements/systems.
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, and establish priorities.
- Takes personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection, safety and traffic control.
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection field and office data, reports and systems.
- Physically capable of moving about on construction work sites (required)
Working with the Project Manager/Project Engineer, specific responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications
- Operating a motor vehicle
- Inspecting and documenting the construction progress of streets, earthwork and utilities to assure compliance with contract documents, specifications and building codes
- Preparing Construction Inspection reports
- Managing construction related issues either directly or working with the AKS Project Manager
- Reviewing field staking
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested
- Managing own schedule to be present at staged inspections, meetings, and meet deadlines
- Representing AKS through communication with contractor, municipal agents, and client
- Measuring and quantifying construction work/materials with emphasis on documentation
- Reviewing contractor billing to client and verifying billed quantities
- Attending pre-construction meetings
- Acting as a liaison between AKS Project Manager and contractor/client/municipal agents
- Doing what needs to be done