AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Field Survey Rodman for our Tualatin, Oregon office. This is an Entry-level position. You will work on a Survey Field Crew under the direction of a Crew Chief. This is an hourly paid position, eligible for overtime at 1 ½ times the regular hourly rate for hours worked beyond 40 hours in a work week.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn on-the-job with a respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Some experience in land surveying is preferred, but a background in forestry, wildland fire fighting, or farm-related work will be considered. If you have no experience in surveying, then AKS will provide training.
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year accredited program in engineering/forestry/surveying (preferred, not required)
- Capable of performing basic surveying/engineering computations and making good decisions
- Ability to follow direction, work quickly, and maintain high level of attention to detail
- Eager to learn
- Assumes personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Must have valid OR driver’s license and a clean driving record
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Survey Crew Chief
- Perform physically demanding work including packing heavy survey equipment, pounding hubs, and brush-cutting sight lines
- Learn AKS procedures for field work for boundary, construction staking, and site map/topography surveys
- Work up to 60 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and difficult terrain. Must be able to start work at 6:00 am and work overtime as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Operate Trimble Robotic total stations, GNSS Receivers, and TSC3 Data Collectors
- Occasionally travel out of town/overnight when needed
- Train in the operation of survey instruments, automated electronic data collection, calculators and GPS equipment
- Must be safety conscious.
- Adhere to AKS work flows, standards and
- Do what needs to be done