AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Field Survey Technician for our Tualatin, Oregon office. You will work closely with Project Surveyors, AKS survey crews, Project Engineers, and Project Managers on a mixture of private and public works projects.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Surveying or Civil Engineering, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering and/or Forest Engineering (preferred, not required)
- 1-2 years of experience in land surveying in the field (preferred)
- Ability to work quickly and maintain high level of attention to detail
- Assumes personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Must have valid OR driver’s license with clean driving record
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Project Surveyor
- Perform physically demanding work including packing heavy survey equipment, pounding hubs, and brush-cutting sight lines
- Work up to 60 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and difficult terrain. Must be able to start work at 6:00 am and work overtime as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Operate Trimble Robotic total stations, GNSS Receivers, and TSC3 Data Collectors
- Occasionally travel out of town/overnight when needed
- Train in the operation of survey instruments, automated electronic data collection, calculators and GPS equipment
- Must be safety conscious.
- Adhere to AKS work flows, standards and
- Do what needs to be done