AKS Engineering & Forestry is seeking an Office Survey Technician for our Vancouver, Washington office. This is an excellent career opportunity for motivated individuals with 2+ years of experience and good written and oral communication skills.
If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
- Associate’s or Bachelor of Science degree in Land Surveying or equivalent. Land Survey Intern (LSI) certification preferred but not required.
- 2-5 years minimum surveying experience with transportation, utility, residential development, and retail/commercial/industrial site development projects
- Knowledge of all phases of land surveying and map preparation, including land surveying techniques, survey control, and construction surveying
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D software
- Experience and use of Trimble Total stations, GNSS Receivers and TSC3 data collectors
- Experience with Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center
- Ability to work efficiently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
This is a full-time position reporting to the Survey Manager and working with AKS survey crews, project surveyors, project engineers, and project managers. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Prepare various survey documents including subdivision plats, exhibits, boundary surveys, record of surveys utilizing Civil 3d software
- Reduce survey data in Trimble Business Center software
- Import field survey data and export survey data for field work utilizing Civil 3d Software
- Preparation of topographic survey maps including existing property features and existing ground models utilizing Civil 3d software
- Perform office calculations and support field survey crews for construction staking and property monumentation
- Prepare legal descriptions of real property
- Adhere to company work flows, standards and procedures
- Doing what needs to be done