AKS Engineering & Forestry is seeking a Technical Editor for our Tualatin, Oregon office. Every document that leaves our office is a direct reflection on our company and we want to be sure that it is of the highest quality. As a technical editor for AKS, you will work part-time editing and producing deliverables, coordinating document and project schedules, and providing document review. You will work with marketing staff, land use planners, natural resource specialists, civil engineers, forest engineers, and other professionals to schedule, edit, and produce technical reports, proposals, and specifications. If you have a background in professional editing, take pride in your work, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or Business, or related combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of professional editing experience (preferably in the architectural/engineering/natural resource consulting industry)
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly and to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat (experience with InDesign is a plus)
- Flexible with the ability to respond and adapt to a variety of assignments
- Take personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines.
- Provide editing support to technical staff on a wide array of content, including:
- Environmental reports
- Land use reports and narratives
- Letters and memoranda
- Marketing proposals, statements of qualification, and other materials
- Permitting documents
- Engineering and construction specifications
- Client presentations
- While assisting in the development, organization, and finalization of deliverables, edit them for clarity, accuracy, tone, completeness, and consistency.
- Add quality in document design, ensuring that the products adhere to formatting standards and brand guidelines.
- Coordinate among project teams, which entails communicating details about work schedules and task responsibilities.
- Produce print and electronic deliverables and oversee their delivery, which can involve interacting with clients, mailing and courier services, and external print vendors.
- Provide project-related administrative support, including file management, team correspondence, meeting facilitation, and workload planning among others.
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate with in-house subject matter experts (e.g., natural resource, land use planning, civil engineering, land surveying, and landscape architecture professionals), permitting agency staff, other project team members.
- Develop and maintain effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other project team members.
- Do what needs to be done.