AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Surveyor for our Tualatin, Bend, and Vancouver offices. You will work closely with our Project Managers, Project Engineers, and survey team on a mixture of private and public works projects as we grow our clientele in the area. This is an excellent career opportunity for a responsible person with 5+ years of experience in land surveying, a Professional Land Surveyor’s License in Oregon and/or Washington, AutoCAD/LDD knowledge, and familiarity with local codes and agency standards. AKS offers a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization that is poised for growth, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
- Oregon or Washington Professional Land Surveyor’s License (Required)
- AS or BS in Civil Engineering or Surveying or Forest Engineering (preferred)
- Knowledgeable in all phases of land surveying and map preparation, including land surveying techniques, principles of boundary control, and construction surveying
- Knowledgeable in the laws and regulations pertaining to land surveying in Oregon or Washington
- Various land surveying technical skills, including ALTA/ACSM surveys, platting, land development, ROW surveys, preliminary design surveys, topo surveys, construction staking, deed research, survey map research, and good organizational skills
- GPS experience
- Scanning experience
- Extensive experience resolving boundary lines and creating Records of Survey
- Effective written and oral communication skills including proposal and report writing
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable networking with clients and colleagues to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Possess solid time management, and follow-through skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Project Surveyor for multifamily, mixed use, municipal pipelines, residential subdivisions, commercial developments, and public works projects.
- Performs field survey work (as necessary) and directs work of survey crews.
- Operates survey equipment, including theodolite, levels, electronic measuring devices, and other equipment to measure distances, horizontal angles, and elevations.
- Inspects work to ensure that it is conducted according to instructions and is in conformance with accepted land surveying standards.
- Maintains accurate, orderly, and legible field notes of survey work performed, including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks, and mathematical calculations.
- Operates a computer and peripheral equipment to compile survey notes and create drawings, as required.
- Signs and stamps subdivision maps, Record of Survey maps, lot line adjustments, ALTA surveys, plats, and legal descriptions to attest to their technical correctness.
- Performs survey activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Operate Trimble Robotic total stations with Survey Pro TSC3 Data Collectors.
- Interprets, evaluates, and prepares legal descriptions of real property.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and reviews the work of others.
- Performs AutoCAD/Civil3D drafting, including setting up sheets, importing points, line work/drafting, Record of Survey drafting, boundary line resolution, subdivision plat preparation, etc.
- Completes projects and special assignments, as requested.
- Does what needs to be done.
Tualatin and Bend, Oregon; Vancouver, Washington