AKS Engineering & Forestry, LLC, is seeking a full-time Proposal Coordinator to join our established marketing team. Because we have team members in both locations, we are open to you working either out of our Tualatin, Oregon, or Vancouver, Washington, office. Our team works together to produce high-quality proposals, rosters, and statements of qualifications supporting our business development efforts. This fast-paced environment will have you working directly with project managers and technical staff in all four AKS offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, or a related combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years of A/E/C experience developing customized Qualifications Based Selection (QBS) proposals for local, state, and federal agencies.
- Self-starter that must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but function as part of an integrated team.
- Ability to develop a fundamental understanding of all aspects of AKS’ business and be able to clearly communicate that understanding verbally and in writing.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with CRM (Cosential) preferred
- Extremely organized with strong time management skills. Excels at managing and prioritizing multiple deadlines.
- Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines.
- Ability to flexibly adapt to fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to provide industry-specific proposal samples upon request.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Working with the rest of the marketing team, you will focus on producing high-quality proposals, rosters, resumes, and project descriptions in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Qualifications (RFQs). With direct supervision, you will be responsible for managing all stages of the proposal development process, including preparing and developing content, graphic design, and layout; ensuring compliance with solicitation documents; editing; producing the final document; and any other required materials for delivery to the client within the required timeframes. The position will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff, especially middle to senior management, as well as with the marketing team. Responsibilities will include:
- Strategizing, writing, and editing content for proposals, qualification packages, resumes, project descriptions, and award submittals.
- Ensuring proposal documents and statements of qualifications comply with RFQ and RFP requirements while highlighting points of differentiation.
- Drafting proposal development plans and communicating with technical and marketing staff regarding details about proposal schedules and action items.
- Completing online vendor registrations that establish AKS as a preferred supplier of professional services.
- Supporting the rest of the marketing team by proofreading and editing materials as needed or jumping in to help in the preparation of deliverables when deadlines approach.
- Adhering to the specifications outlined in AKS’ Writing Style Guide and company-wide branding standards.
- Supporting other marketing projects on an as-needed basis.
- Traveling to other AKS offices to provide support.
- Maintaining data in firm-wide client relationship management software Cosential, including project photography, project descriptions, resumes and employee qualifications information, and awards.
- Developing and maintaining effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other project team members.
- Producing hard copy and/or electronic final proposal and qualification statements in compliance with submission requirements outlined in RFPs and RFQs.
- Applying information from technical personnel and other sources; coordinating with subconsultants; and editing proposal text in a unified voice and persuasive style.
- Participating in interview strategy and preparation meetings; preparing presentation and interview materials.
- Doing what needs to be done.