AKS Engineering & Forestry has an opportunity for a proven leader who can manage, grow, and lead the Water Resources Group to assist in public and private industry projects. AKS offers a unique, supportive, and casual work environment that balances hard work with fun while offering an excellent benefits package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineering, or similar field of study
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Oregon and/or Washington
- 7+ years of experience in water resources design, civil engineering, environmental engineering, watershed science, or related field
- Proficient with Rosgen, 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling, and sediment transport modeling
- Proficient with modeling programs such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, FlowMaster, and XP-SWMM
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, GIS, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Ability to identify and pursue business development opportunities
- Project experience with local and/or state agencies in Oregon or Washington
- Knowledge of and familiarity with local codes and agency standards
- Ability to manage projects and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills including report writing and proposals
- Able to prepare for and conduct presentations to clients and stakeholders
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Collaborate with the marketing team to assist and lead business development pursuits
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal, state, and local agencies
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
The focus of this senior-level position is to advance the Water Resources Group at AKS. This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional professional who is eager to embrace the challenge of building a team, establishing a core area of business to better serve the needs of our existing clients, and to develop new opportunities for future growth.
Working with the Senior Members, you would be responsible for:
- Performing hydraulic analysis, and geomorphic modeling, utilizing models such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, FlowMaster, XP-SWMM, etc.
- Designing water resources projects related to stormwater quality and quantity management, green infrastructure, floodplain mitigation, stream bank stabilization, road/stream crossing improvement design, and wetland/stream/river habitat restoration.
- Overseeing projects that include modeling, and critically analyzing issues to support site-specific and watershed-based approaches for our clients.
- Providing water resources/stormwater design services for infrastructure projects and support master planning efforts in water resources, including stormwater master plans.
- Coordinating AutoCAD drafting requirements in support of civil engineering design process
- Delegating project-specific tasks to staff
- Coordinating with other in-house disciplines, as well as outside subconsultants
- Working with engineering staff to develop plans, specifications, and reports, and to stamp final documents
- Providing thorough on-going QA/QC review of deliverables
- Performing site and infrastructure design per federal/state/county/city standards and maintain good communication with the planning/engineering staff of the jurisdiction to minimize future changes and misunderstandings
- Conducting and coordinating periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and work progress
- Preparing and managing project correspondence and documentation
- Tabulating bid items and calculating construction bid quantities from plans and specifications
- Developing cost estimates
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients in both the Public and Private Sectors throughout Oregon and Washington
- Networking with clients, agency personnel, and colleagues to build and maintain professional network
- Maintaining relationships with clients to develop future opportunities
- Doing what needs to be done