AKS Engineering & Forestry is seeking a permanent full time Survey Crew Chief for our Bend, Oregon office.
We offer a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you are looking to continue your career with a well-respected and talented team of professionals, you’ll want to consider AKS.
- 4+ years’ relevant experience as a Crew Chief with progressive responsibilities
- Commitment to safety in the field
- Good written and oral communication skills
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Working with the survey manager, specific responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing various survey equipment, including robotic total station, GPS, Laser Scanner and Data Collectors
- Creating neat, accurate, and professional field notes
- Supervising field crew personnel
- Collecting data for boundary, topographic, industrial, and construction surveys
- Quality control by reviewing final maps
- Learning/studying survey profession to increase knowledge, learning how to resolve boundary issues, and preparing for LSIT/PLS exams
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested
- Doing what needs to be done